Tuesday, May 30, 2006

 

Sometimes Life Lets You Down

On Saturday afternoon The Sister, the Smalltown Girl, the Cute Friend and I set out for a day of hardcore shopping in The District.

After multiple hours of agonizing over fat tummy rolls and persuading Cute Friend that his life would not be complete without a pink and white striped shirt from J Crew, we decided to have a blessedly welcome bite to eat at the food court. Of course I settled on a hot dog.

I regret to say that it was one of the most wretched hot dogs I have ever tasted. The skin was so thick it was almost banana-like in texture, while the bun was so dry that it conjured up memories of the time I made bread and forgot to put in any wet ingredients.

It was a tragedy and a travesty. . .but in the end, it was still a hot dog.

And I'll take a bad hot dog over a good brussell sprout any day of the week.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?